“Preparing for Accreditation”
Applying for accreditation & reaccreditation using the 10th Edition Standards - Receive a copy of the new standards
This half day class will review the process, polices and Standards of CAMTS and provide excellent information for both programs seeking accreditation for the first time or for those approaching a reaccreditation. Learn about the more common areas cited as deficiencies and ask questions directly with the CAMTS Executive Director.
1. Describe the procedure and eligibility requirements to apply for CAMTS accreditation.
2. List the member organizations and structure of the CAMTS Board of Directors.
3. Describe the application materials: Demographics, Standards Compliance Tool, Attachments and Safety Culture Survey
4. Discuss the Policies governing the accreditation process and decisions
5. Discuss the major differences and changes in the 10th Edition Accreditation Standards
6. Describe the site visit – interviews and tours to be included.
7. Discuss the most frequently cited deficiencies in meeting compliance with the accreditation standards along with medical protocol reviews.
8. List the possible accreditation actions and decisions.
a. CAMTS overview, challenges and future direction
b. Application process and materials
Digital PIF – demographics and statistics
Standards Compliance Tool and Attachments
Critical Elements of medical protocols
Safety Culture Survey
c. Policies governing the accreditation process
d. 10th Edition Accreditation Standards - differences between 9th and 10th Editions
e. Site survey process
Interviews and Tours
Opening and closing