©2017 Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems. All Rights Reserved.
How does a service apply for accreditation?
- Pay the $750.00 non-refundable application fee. If you need an invoice for the $750 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the application has been completed and we have received the application fee in the office, CAMTS will email a Program Information Form (PIF). This is a tool that directly relates to compliance with each of the accreditation standards. The PIF can ordered separately if you are not applying for accreditation (here).
- Complete the PIF and return with requested documents and the accreditation fee. The instructions for submitting are included with the PIF.
- A service has up to one year to complete the PIF after applying.
- The site visit is usually scheduled within 4-6 weeks of receiving the PIF.
- Site surveyors report is sent to two board reviewers who present to the full Board of Directors at the next quarterly meeting. A site visit must be at least 4 - 6 weeks prior to a board meeting in order to be placed on the agenda.
- Accreditation decision is received by the service via certified mail within 30 working days of the board meeting.